This is a delicious recipe that will surprise you. I have never been one to have cheddar on my apple pie but I love this recipe.
Apple-Cheddar Stuffed Chicken with Apple Dijonaise
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp lemon juice (Meyer if available)
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar - shredded
- 1/2 cup of apple juice
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1.5 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Maille Dijon Mustard (I prefer this brand)
- 1 tsp Adams Reserve White Wine and Garlic Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash apple.
- Wash and dry your chicken breasts. With a sharp knife cut a bucket in the side of each chicken breast. Optional: peal apple. Chop apple into 1/4"-1/2" pieces. In a medium bowl, mix apple cheddar, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/4 tsp oregano, salt, and pepper. Place picture in pockets in chicken breasts. Close picket with toothpick.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet at medium high heat. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/4 tsp thyme, salt, pepper, and wine-garlic seasoning. In another medium bowl, scramble egg yolks. Dip chicken breast in water and then flour mixture. Tap off excess. Place in hot oil. Repeat for each chicken breast. Cook one side until golden brown or 4-5 minutes. flip and cook the opposite side for 3-4 minutes.
- Please chicken on pan in oven for 5-7 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, make the sauce. Add chicken broth, apple juice, mustard, vinegar, and a pinch of dried thyme into a skillet on high heat, Cook for about 5 minutes or until reduced. add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate chicken and drizzle with sauce.
- This recipe is a delicious recipe that is easy to make and you family will love it. I like to serve it with buttered green beans or asparagus. Future recipe? The calorie count is on the high side but it is delicious.
Walking Off Pounds http://walkingoffpounds.com/
Apple-Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Nutrition: