Hatch Chile Chicken:
This recipe is a quick and delicious recipe that your family will love. The best part is that it is low in fat and it can be eaten alone or added to a wrap or bowl. Hack, I like to shread it and put it over Beanitos chips.
- 4 oz thin chicken breast
- 3/4 cup Hatch Valley Green Salsa
- 2 Hatch chiles, sliced
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1 ultra thin slice of cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the salsa to the bottom of a glass baking pan.
- Add the chicken on top of the salsa and lightly coat the chicken with the salsa juice.
- Add hot sauce to your taste or leave it out.
- Lay the pepper slices on top of the chicken.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add cheese and cook for 5 minutes. No need to cover it.
- This recipe has less than 300 calories per serving. I usually have it with a serving of Beanitos Tortilla chips or in a high fiber taco shell. More to come on tortilla chips and wrap choices in a future article.
- Hatch chiles are also called Anaheim, green, or New Mexico chiles.