Healthier Buffalo Chicken Tenders
This a very tasty version of my favorite recipe. My wife makes this for me and my son and he loves it. It does well with a healthy version of ranch she often makes to dip for the tenders and celery in. If you are interested in ranch recipe, visit “Recipe: Healthy Ranch Dip”
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 strips chicken tenderloin strips
- 1/4 cup Frank’s or Durkee's Hot Sauce
- 4 celery stalks, trimmed to 4-6 inch strips
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing (optional)
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, chili powder and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Season chicken with spices and toss to evenly coat the chicken.
- Heat half of the oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat, when hot add half of the chicken and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes, turn chicken and cook until center is no longer pink. Set aside; repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Pour the hot sauce over the chicken tossing well.
- Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch dressing if desired.
- This is a healthier version of Buffalo tenders. Healthier may be a stretch but it is better for you than the full fat version.