Tea can help you lose weight and keep it off.
Tea is one of the most popular drinks in the world. American’s drink more coffee, but around the world, tea takes the peak. There are hundreds of varieties and nearly all may assist you in losing weight it and keeping it off. They all naturally have high amounts of health-promoting substances called flavonoids and their complex composition helps suppress hunger and boost you metabolism.
Tea is not just a drink for the Brits. Every type of tea is made from the leaves of one plant, Camellia sinensis. This simple evergreen provides this sensational drink. You can choose from black tea, green, white, dark, and oolong. They may vary in their taste and strength but they all have similar benefits to our bodies and weight loss.
Here are five things you need to know about the weight loss benefits of tea:
- Teas boost your metabolism. Tea contains caffeine and a type of flavonoid called catechin, which is an antioxidant. Research suggests that these compounds can speed up metabolism. Green teas are the highest in catechins.
- Teas increase fat utilization for energy. Catechins can help to break down excess fat, while both catechin and caffeine can increase the amount of energy the body uses.
- Teas promote satiety. Drink 1-2 cups of tea every day increase the feeling of fullness and reduce the amount of food you eat. If you eat less, you will lose weight. This effect is especially strong when you drink a cup before meals.
- Tea and exercise have a synergistic effect. Plenty of studies have shown that tea increases exercise and combined, they can assist with weight loss superior to one alone. This effect is stronger with green tea.
- Tea is a high flavor and low-calorie drink. Teas only has approximately 2 calories per cup. As long as you do nto sweeten it, teas are an excellent low-calorie drink that is low in calories.
The bottom line: The effect of tea in no magical but it can be significant. Your tea can be taken before meals or exercise to increase satiety. Enjoying a fresh cup each time is a safe way to promote weight loss and satiety.