Ten simple steps to help you lose weight.
If you pick up any diet book, most will claim to have all the answers to successfully lose all the weight you need to lose. Some claim the key is to eat less and exercise more, others that you need to cut certain macronutrients. The truth is there is no perfect solution to permanent healthy weight loss and keep it off. What works for one person may not work for you, since our bodies and preferences are different.
I have made a list of weight loss tips that I have made on this. I will post a new tip every Wednesday and Friday. Some think it will apply to use, and others will not. I recommend that you pick one or two and slowly add them to your daily plan. Do not overdo the change or, it will overwhelm you. Sure, you know the many weight-loss tactics, but some of these will surprise you. Just when I thought I have tried it all, I find a new way to lose weight.
Weight loss tips to assist with weight loss:
- Weight Loss Tip: Salad Dressing: Weight loss tip #1 is very simple. Eating out is a trap for those trying to lose weight. The foods can be high in calories and the condiments will pack on the pounds. When eating out, ask for the salad dressing on the side. This way, you can eat only the dressing you want.
- Weight Loss Tip: Measure Your Waist: Measure You Waist Circumference I have seen quite a few folks trying to lose weight that were very distressed by hitting a plateau. Using only a scale is a terrible way to look at your progress. Waist circumference is a great measure of fat loss.
- Weight Loss Tip: Fill Up on Fiber: Fiber is free and fills you up. Fill up on fiber instead of fat and sugar-dense foods. Fiber is an important part of digestion, but it is also filling and free. Why do I say this? It can be subtracted from your carbohydrate count because although it is a carbohydrate.
- Weight Loss Tip: Walking Off Pounds: Go Walking and Lose Weight Walking is an easy form of exercise that just about anyone can perform. Both young and old can enjoy the benefits with little to no equipment or training. Walking will keep you fit and help you lose weight.
- Weight Loss Tip: Eat What You Like: Lighten the recipe, but eat the foods you like. Do you like pizza or Mexican food? Don’t completely ban them from your diet. Find a way to make them healthier. One of the easiest ways to reduce calories without feeling guilty is to control portion size
- Weight Loss Tip: Take the Stairs: Climbing the Stairs Is a Great Exercise to Help You Burn More Calories Stair climbing is a unique exercise that you can easily fit into your workday and can have a beneficial impact on your health over time. The scientific evidence shows it is everyday activities can help you lose weight.
- Weight Loss Tip: Avoid food commercials.: Food Commercials Increase Snacking. Every commercial we see on TV is directed at the sale of a product. Every aspect of the commercial is planned to accentuate the product and tap into your subconscious to get you to buy the product. Whether the commercial is for Doritos or Poptarts, the goal is to get you to buy a product that you do not need.
- Weight Loss Tip: Focus on Healthy Choices: Focus on healthy choices and not the weight on the scale. We have all done it. We value the tracking of our weights more than the long game of change your habits. The problem with scale watching is that you will plateau or our weight loss will slow.
- Weight Loss Tip: Prep Your Meals Ahead of Time: Prepping and Planning Your Meals Leads to Success. I have never been much of a prepper. To be frank and honest, I am a procrastinator. I loathe being prepared. I am an adrenaline junky that likes to fly by the seat of his pants.
- Weight Loss Tip: Get a Fruit Bowl: Buying a fruit bowl can help you decrease your BMI. The growing obesity epidemic in the United States has raised questions among many health professionals. Health providers of all types have been asking themselves how to help their patients become healthier and accomplish a healthier weight.
The bottom line: These tips work for most, but you may find that one or another is less than ideal for them to follow. Pick a few you can maintain and give them a try. I will post another list every Saturday.