This recipe is a delicious recipe that goes great on toast, french toast, or waffles. Heck, it goes well by itself, and it fits in with a weight loss diet.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peaches
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup water
- Roughly chop fruit if fresh.
- Cover bottom of saucepan with 1/4 inch deep water. Place fruit in saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once fruit starts to soften begin mashing fruit with a fork or back of spoon if you want. Simmer until syrup reaches the desired consistency.
- Sweeten if you desire with choice of sugar, honey, maple syrup, stevia, Splenda, aspartame, agave, etc.
- Serve over waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, crepes, angle food cake, yogurt, frozen yogurt, or pudding.
- *May use fresh or frozen fruit. There is no need to thaw the frozen fruit but it will increase the cook time.
- This recipe delivers 3.7 grams of fiber per serving.
Peach and Berry Compote Nutrition: