Missed opportunities and a new start.
None of us are infallible. We all slip up, and I am no different. It has been over a month since I arrived at my new duty location. I have entirely failed to follow any compliance of a diet, and my ballooning waistline is what I have to show for it. I have grown from 34 inches to a little over 38. I have gained 10 pounds to 219.5. It is time for a change. My wife has agreed to help this time. Just like a small change can make a huge difference, so can a slight change in activity and intake end in weight gain.
I know where I went wrong. I returned home and reverted back to old unhealthy habits. I call this a return to mob rule. My family tends to eat unhealthy manner. I am not blaming them. It is all my fault, but a group together is more likely to reinforce good or bad behavior, and I have not helped myself by resisting. I could have made healthier suggestions that they could feed off of (all pun intended), but instead, I went the other way with Italian, Mexican, or burgers.
Today, I started with a change. I will post about it here to keep me accountable. This is day 1 of 90 of my change toward better habits and a permanent change. I chose 90 days because I think that will return me to healthy habits and it will also give me enough time to lose 10 pounds more healthily without going on a crash diet. I will post here to who my progress.
Update and Plan for next two weeks:
- Exercise: Cardio 3 times a week with push-ups and sit-ups 3 x a week.
- Nutrition: 1500 calories a day with 30% protein and 30 grams of fiber.
- Weight: I weigh 219.5. I plan to lose 2 pounds in the next week with a total of 4 pounds by the following report.
- Body Fat: I am currently 25.8% or so. I would like to lose 1-2% in 2 weeks.
Meals for today:
- Breakfast: 1 banana and a protein shake. 400 calories.
- Lunch: Chicken Sandwich with whole wheat bread and pepper jack cheese. 250 calories.
- Snack: Protein Bar: 220 calories.
- Dinner: Chicken Fahita meat and guacamole and a side of rice. 370 calories.
- Totals: 1200-1300 calories with 113 grams of protein or 35% of the total. 39 grams of fiber.
Exercise today: I woke and did 2 miles, and I will do another 2 miles tonight. I hope I can continue to find time for it. This change should result in about 1/2 pound of weight loss every two days or two pounds per week.
I will see you again tomorrow on day 2. Hopefully, we will see improvement. It can’t be any worse than the last two weeks. I am going to post every day for a while to keep myself on track.