We are past April Fools Day so I can post this without a joke. I am 8 months into my health kick, and even though I have fallen off the wagon a little, I can feel good about my accomplishments.
- Weight: I have lost over 56 pounds since January of 2016. That was until the second and third week in April. My family visited, and I overate and had quite a few drinks. I gained nearly 7 pounds. I guess we are back to the drawing board.
- Body Fat: I have reduced my waist circumference from a tight 42 inches to 34 inches. My body fat measurement went from 27.5% to 19.5%. After the past week, I am back up to 20.4%. 0.9% gain in 2 weeks.
- Blood Pressure: My blood pressure has dropped from 138-142 / 88-95 to 110-118 / 72-80. That is a dramatic change for the better healthwise.
- My Nutrition: I now eat whatever I want. I will footnote this comment with a slight limitation. I now portion control every meal. I do splurge, but the splurge does not last for a week. One meal of excess and I am done. This part might have been the problem over the past two weeks; I have not followed my own moderation and portion control mantra.
- Sweets: I know this could fit in with nutrition, but I feel this is a lack of nutrition. Oooh, doughnuts! I did have four pieces of cake last week at celebrations. I burned off some of the excesses with 6 miles of exercise over the weekend, but I am certain I cannot make up for all of the M&Ms and jelly beans. I have found that this might be an area where I lack self-control.
I need to motivate myself to get back on track. I have to weigh in the week for my twice a year PT test. Hopefully, this will motivate me to get back in the saddle and workout more. There is no need to panic. Just focus on one meal, one exercise, one day and one step at a time. It will work itself out.