A time to refocus on the plan for 2017.
I have completed one month of 2017. This post is a monthly progress report to hold myself accountable. My goal remains unchanged. I want to try to get to 190 pounds and 18% body fat. I will then shift to maintenance. I am pretty close to where I want to be. I have lost over 30 pounds and 10 percent body fat. That is not bad for 4-5 months. Now is the tough part: maintenance. Only 20 percent of dieters are successful at maintaining weight loss for 12 months.
A small step forward and a slight step off the planned path:
I lost about 3 pounds from 201 to 198 pounds in the last 30 days. I have not really followed my plan for the last 30 days. Today, I am trying to reinvigorate my plan.
- Sit-ups three days a week. I restarted this on Monday.
- Push-ups three days a week. I restarted this on Monday.
- Walking for exercise three days a week. I restarted this on Monday.
- 10,000 steps and 30 minutes of exercise five days a week. I get 11,500 steps 5-6 days a week.
- Resistance three days a week. I am going to stick to pushups and situps as my resistance training for now.
Diet plan for the new year:
- Reduce low-quality snack such as sugary drinks or candy to less than three times a week. Started on Monday.
- Ninety grams of protein per day. Maintained since January.
- Four to six servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Started on Monday.
- Six to eight cups of water per day. Maintained since January.
- Less than three servings of non-whole grain carbohydrates per week. Maintained since January.
I think this a good plan to improve my healthy living for the next 12 months. Hopefully, I will be able to maintain it. I have had a healthy change for the last 6 months, but I need to reduce my sugar intake. I will post an update again in a month.