A new start and plan for the start of 2017.
As we enter into the New Year. I plan a monthly progress report to hold myself accountable. I am pretty close to where I want to be. I have lost over 30 pounds and 10 percent body fat. That is not bad for 4-5 months. Now is the tough part: maintenance. Only 20 percent of dieters are successful at maintaining weight loss for 12 months.
A small step of regression and weight gain:
I gained 10 pounds from 197 to 207 pounds over the four days of Christmas holiday. I think most of it was water weight since I lost 3 pounds in 2 days after going back to work on 27 December. It was a great holiday in which my family and I made homemade cookies and eggnog. I am absolutely certain that 2 pitches of eggnog with an ample portion of bourbon in each added to the weight gain. I enjoyed the break and ability to relax but felt horrible with the added pounds.
Exercise plan for the new year:
- Sit-ups three days a week.
- Push-ups three days a week.
- Walking for exercise three days a week.
- 10,000 steps and 30 minutes of exercise five days a week.
- Resistance three days a week.
Diet plan for the new year:
- Reduce low-quality snack such as sugary drinks or candy to less than three times a week.
- Ninety grams of protein per day.
- Four to six servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
- Six to eight cups of water per day.
- Less than three servings of non-whole grain carbohydrates per week.
I think this a good plan to improve my healthy living for the next 12 months. I have had a healthy change for the last 6 months. It is time to get back on the horse. I will post an update once a month.