This is a great recipe for weight loss and a much tastier version of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. It is filling and full of fiber. Since it is made with Fairlife skim milk, it had a higher protein content with nearly 14 grams of protein. If you want to make it a little healthier, remove the butter.
- 2 cups oats, I recommend Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
- 1/4 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 3 medium apples, I prefer Granny Smith Apples
- 3 cups water, tap
- 4 cups Fairlife Fat-Free Milk
- 2 tbsp butter, salted
- 2 tbsp Ideal No-Calorie Sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp *flax seed meal (ground flax)
- Spray slow cooker liner with non-stick spray if your cooker is not non-stick.
- Core and dice the apples.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Stir, cover, and cook on low for approx. 7 hours.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator or freezer.
- To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup fat-free milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot. This recipe can be halved for a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Each serving has 7.4 grams of fiber.