Blackberry Dragon Fruit Flax Smoothie
This recipe combines healthy fats from chia seeds and flax meal. Flax meal is high in fiber, and 73% of the fat is polyunsaturated. Chia seeds are equally impressive a decent source of protein and fiber. I have added a base of Fairlife milk and kefir. The fruit is simply 140 grams of unsweetened frozen blackberries and dragon fruit. The fruit adds enough sweetness to absolve the need for sugar. This simple smoothie has enough fiber and protein to keep you full all morning long.
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds, Dried
- 1 tbsp Flex Seed Meal
- 1 cup water
- 1 scoop Ultra Fiber DX Fiber from BarnDad nutrition
- 1 cup Low-Fat Plain Kefir from Lifeway
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup frozen dragon fruit
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Blend until smooth.
- Each serving has 24 grams of fiber. Cook time is blender time. No cooking required.