This a delicious chicken chili recipe that your family will love.
Chicken Chili Verde
This is a mild recipe to make a family favorite. My family loves this recipe and I am sure yours will too.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (12-16 ounces)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 8 ounces of Mrs. Renfro's Jalepeno Green Salsa
- 8 ounces of enchilada sauce
- 15 ounces of Cannellini Beans
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Cilantro
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Season both sides with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. In a large pot cook chicken in 2 tsp olive oil. Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes per side or until browned. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Reserve pot to cook further items.
- Halve and peel the onion. Mince onions into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mince Cilantro (optional).
- In the pot in which you cooked the chicken, add 1 tbsp olive oil and the onions. Cook until softened and lightly brown which is about 4-6 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 30-60 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and the beans with their liquid to the pot of onions. Cook at boil for 5-8 minutes. Shred the chicken with a fork while the beans are cooking. After the 5-8 minutes, add the chicken, salsa, and enchilada sauce. Once it returned to boil, move it to the back burners and add cilantro if you desire.
- Place the chili in bowls and garnish with a tbsp of sour cream in the middle.
- This recipe is delicious. If you want it spicier, add more salsa and less enchilada sauce. I am sure you will love it. Fiber content is 9.4 grams.
Walking Off Pounds http://walkingoffpounds.com/