A loaded pecan smoothie.
I am from Georgia and have many pecan trees on my farm. Pecans are high in fiber and antioxidants. The addition of pumpkin and banana make this an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
In my home town, you can smell the pralines as they cook year-round. It is intoxicating. I love pecans. Although this smoothie is not a replacement for pralines, you will love it. It is a delicious smoothie that will remind you of chocolate pecan pie.
Each serving has over 5 grams of fiber.
Place in blender and blend until smooth.
Serving Size 12 ounces
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 229Calories from Fat 45
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 5.2g8%
- Saturated Fat 0.6g3%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 3mg1%
- Sodium 67mg3%
- Potassium 335mg10%
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7g12%
- Dietary Fiber 5g20%
- Sugars 23.6g
- Protein 10.6g22%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- This recipe has less than 500 calories per serving. I usually have it with a serving of Beanitos Tortilla chips or in a high fiber taco shell. More to come on tortilla chips and wrap choices in a future article.
- Hatch chiles are also called Anaheim, green, or New Mexico chiles.