This recipe is a quick, healthy recipe that is nutritious and your family will love it.
Easy and Healthy Chicken Fajitas
This a quick, healthy recipe that is nutritious and your family will love it.
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced in thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced in thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 medium red onion sliced thinly
- 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- 12 ounces of chicken breast sliced in 1/4 inch strips
- 4 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp of Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 8 Xtreme fitness high fiber tortillas
- 1/2 cup of Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- sea salt
- black pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro minced (optional)
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Slice chicken breasts in thin sliced in strips. Place chicken in a medium mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp of olive oil. Add 2 tsp of fajita seasoning. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper. Mix well and allow to sit for 10 minutes as the chicken marinades.
- Heat medium pain on medium heat. Add 1 tsp of olive oil. Cook chicken strips for 3-4 minutes. After 3-4 minutes, stir strips. Cook for another 3 minutes. Place chicken on plate. Save pan.
- In same pan, add 2 tsp olive oil and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add peppers and onions. Cook for 4-6 minutes. Stir frequently. When slightly soft, add 2 tsp of fajita seasoning. Stir well and add chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Heat Tortillas 15-20 seconds per side. Place in foil to keep warm.
- Plate chicken mixture. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired. Add cheese as needed.
- This is a delicious recipe with ample fiber. Each serving has 24 grams of fiber.
Walking Off Pounds http://walkingoffpounds.com/