Healthier Pasta with Meat Sauce Recipe
I have to admit that I love Italian. I have a weakness for a simple pasta and meat sauce and I am looking for ways to make a quick dish that I can make and put in bowls in my refrigerator to eat for dinner for 3-5 days after I cook it. This is a simple pasta dish that you can make and have as left overs. The key with anything is portion control.
- 1 Box - 15.5 oz of Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta
- 1 Jar - 24 oz of red sauce from H.E.B.
- 1 LB - 96% lean hamburger
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cup containers to place leftovers in refrigerator
- Cook meat on medium heat until brown. Chop up hamburger with spatula as it cooks.
- Drain grease from meat.
- Add sauce to meat and allow to simmer.
- Place pot of water on burner to boil (high heat). Add a pinch salt to water.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for about 11 minutes.
- Strain pasta form water.
- Divide pasta and meat sauce into 7 equal servings.
- This recipe makes about 7 servings. You can keep it in the refrigerator for about 5 days. It has aproximately 6.3 grams of fiber per serving.