Pineapple Strawberry Flax Smoothie
This recipe combines healthy fats from chia seeds and flax meal. Flax meal is high in fiber and 73% of the fat is polyunsaturated. Chia seeds are equally impressive a decent source of protein and fiber. I have added a base of Fairlife milk and kefir. The fruit is simply 140 grams of unsweetened frozen pineapple and strawberries. The fruit adds enough sweetness to absolve the need for sugar. This simple smoothie has enough fiber and protein to keep you full all morning long.
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds, Dried
- 1 tbsp Flex Seed Meal
- 1 cup Fat Free Ultra Filtered Milk
- 1 scoop Ultra Fiber DX Fiber from BarnDad nutrition
- 1 cup Low-Fat Plain Kefir from Lifeway
- 1/2 cup Frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Blend until smooth.
- Each serving has 26 grams of fiber. Cook time is blender time. No cooking required.