Vanilla Spiced Chai Tea Latte
Need an afternoon or end of day pick-me-up but can’t have the caffeine from coffee this latte? Chai Tea can be just what you need, and it is a great energy-boost and an alternative to coffee. The best part about this recipe is that it is lower calorie chai tea latte.
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Fairlife non-fat milk or alternative
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp double vanilla
- fat free whipped cream (optional)
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker (I used a Keurig). Add water and brew according to instructions on coffeemaker.
- While tea mixture is brewing, combine the non-fat milk, vanilla milk, vanilla, and honey into a small pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and warm and mixed is dissolved.
- Pour milk mixture into coffee mugs; stir in tea, until evenly mixed.
- Add a little whipped cream and a shake of cinnamon for garnish.
- I know you are saying this has 96 calories. It also has 7 grams of protein.
Vanilla Spiced Chai Tea Latte Nutrition: