Motivation is the key to success in weight loss.
I have found it difficult to stay motivated and have to admit that I often fail to meet my target. More times than not, I get backed into a corner and have not choice but to lose weight or have severe ramifications. Over the years, I have been more successful in staying on track and losing weight and I will share a few of the methods I have to remain on track.
The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.~ Walt Disney
- Small goals: I usually keep a small goal in mind. I may want to lose 50 pounds, but that is not my visual focal point. I focus in on 5-10 pounds. A smaller goal is left lofty and discouraging. It feels more attainable.
- Reward yourself for success: Plan for small rewards when you meet a small goal. For example, I allowed myself a half serving of cheesecake when I lost 20 pounds. It was not a lot, but it was something to keep me motivated.
- Plan ahead: Especially if you are traveling, plan your meals and exercise. Even if you are not, it will help because you know the plan and are less likely to veer off course. Even if you happen to veer in the wrong direction and hit a speed bump, you have a map now to get back on course.
- Clothes that are too small: Keep a couple of pair of shorts around to measure your waist. I am not a person that likes measuring myself with a tape measure. A simpler way is to monitor how the old shorts begin to fit.
- Clean out the closet: As you look in the rearview mirror at the old clothes, just take them to goodwill. The motivation is not to have to buy new “fat pants”.
The bottom line: Motivation can help you meet your goals. I hope this help you meet your goals. If you have any suggestions, please email them to me.