The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing. ~ Walt Disney
- Small goals: I usually keep a small goal in mind. I may want to lose 50 pounds, but that is not my visual focal point. I focus in on 5-10 pounds. A smaller goal is left lofty and discouraging. It feels more attainable.
- Reward yourself for success: Plan for small rewards when you meet a small goal. For example, I allowed myself a half serving of cheese cake when I lost 20 pounds. It was not a lot, but it was something to keep me motivated.
- Plan ahead: Especially if you are traveling, plan you meals and exercise. Even if you are not, it will help because you know the plan and are less likely to veer off course. Even if you happen to veer in the wrong direction and hit a speed bump, you have map now to get back on course.
- Clothes that are too small: Keep a couple pair of shorts around to measure your waist. I am not a person that likes measuring yourself with a tape measure. A simpler way is to monitor how the old shorts begin to fit.
- Clean out the closet: As you look in the rear view mirror at the old cloths, just take them to good will. The motivation is not to have to buy new “fat pants”.
I hep these help you meet your goal. If you have any suggestions, please email them to me.