The Shopping List: A Guide to Avoid the Supermarket Trap
Making a Shopping List: Making a list prior to shopping will reduce impulse buying and over indulgence.
Tips to avoid the supermarket trap:
- Always make a shopping list. I make a list as I run out of items.
- Never buy it if it is not on the list. Only buy staple foods such milk, bread, vegetables, and fruits if they are not on the list.
- Never fall for the numbers game. You will see a sign that looks like a great deal. Two pink flamingos for a dollar. It is only a great deal if you need pink flamingos and it is never a great deal in the grocery store.
- Plan a weekly menu. A grocery store is no place to plan meals. You will buy unhealthy foods if you plan your meals while you are grazing in the grocery store.
- Never shop hungry. Shopping on an empty stomach is like playing Russian roulette with a loaded weapon. It will end poorly. More about shopping hungry.