These lucky seven snacks may help with weight loss and promote satiety.
I can’t count the number of times someone has told me how bad snacking is for dieting. The fact is that snacking can prevent you from gorging yourself on comfort foods and not all snack food are bad for you. Some snacks can have you bloated and sluggish for the rest of the day and others can actually assist with weight loss. The snacks you choose can be the difference been the success and failure of your new plans to lose weight.
You do not need to continue your habits of old. The snack you are eating might be packing on the pounds. Instead, choose wisely and you can help your body shed that unwanted belly fat. Below is a list of snacks I recommend instead of the comfort foods you are used to eating:
- Apple slices: You know the old saying that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. An apple a day will actually help lose weight and keep the weight off. In fact, apples are research-proven to assist with weight loss. This effect is suspected to be due to pectin or other fibers in the apple that promote satiety.
- Almonds: Whole most of the foods I recommend are not calorie-dense, almonds are high in calories and fat. Research has proved that almonds can assist with fat loss in the truncal region of the body. Although almonds are high in fat, the fact is the healthier types. Almonds are also a good source of protein. The mixture of fats and protein has been shown to promote satiety.
- Red Berries: Red fruits or berries such as cherries, cranberries, raspberries, and strawberries have a lot of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. They also have a high fiber content per calorie consumed. It is unclear how they work, but the consumption of red berries assists with weight loss.
- Peanut butter: Another nut butter and food that many dieticians call the American Olive. It has many benefits and peanut butter can assist with weight loss. You must choose wisely and not overindulge. Many of the peanut butter has added sugar which is just added calories. It goes well with apple or celery.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is not what most people would think about when trying to lose weight. It can be high in calories, fat, and sugar. If you chose a darker variety, you will spare both some calories and sugar. Like nuts and peanut butter, dark chocolate magically promotes satiety. The best part is that it also has cardioprotective compounds called flavenoids. The key to weight loss is moderation.
- Cheese: Cheeses of all types appear to promote satiety. People who eat cheese tend to eat less as long as they mix it with other foods. Cheese is high in calcium, fat, and protein which slows digestion and keeps you full longer. Despite its benefits, if you cannot limit yourself to one serving of cheese, it is best to avoid it.
- Yogurt: There is nothing more filling and refreshing than a cup of yogurt with fruit or a fruit and yogurt smoothie in the morning. Yogurt promotes satiety and assists with weight loss. Heck, I have even had it for lunch or dinner when I do not feel like cooking.
The bottom line: The above list of foods might help you avoid packing on the pounds by reducing grazing when you are ravished with hunger. The key is small servings with plenty of water. You will notice a difference in the scales in no time.