One of the biggest misconceptions I have found in articles, books, and conversations concerning weight loss is that all you have to do is remove a single food type or group from your diet to lose weight. This is simply and patently false. So what is the key to losing weight?
There are plenty of fad diets out there. Avoid them like the plague. The concept might be simple for weight loss, but in reality, it is very hard to keep the weight off no matter what diet you choose. There is no quick weight loss method that is healthy and maintainable for the long haul, and it is not healthy to restrict your diet to one food group of nutrients. Your body needs the essential macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals to function efficiently. Sure, you can live without them for a short period, but it is not healthy to do it. As I progress, I will share the things I have learned and what I have used to be successful.
The first list of Key Points:
- The keys to successful weight loss are moderation and maintenance. You must change your lifestyle and maintain it for life.
- Water is your friend. It has no calories and will help you feel fuller longer.
- Reduce consumption of foods in which you cannot stop at one serving. Cravings should not be ignored because they will get stronger, but if you crave pizza, don’t eat the whole pizza.
- Many high starch and sugar foods have very little nutritional value (in general), so reducing consumption is a good idea. Make the most of your food intake and eat foods that are more filling and have more nutritional value.
- Fiber is filling, and it is free. You can subtract it from the carb count. Your body cannot utilize it for energy even though they are made with sugars.
I will post more of these key points to help you. Stay tuned…